Friday, March 16, 2012

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS...

So now that I’m a card-carrying member of the blogosphere, at least until the background check is completed, and since I have hit the inevitable writer’s block (I like to get the requisite pitfalls out of the way early), I am taking this opportunity to give a “shout out” to some fellow bloggers whose writing I have found to be enjoyable and entertaining. 

First, there are my friends and neighbors, Eric and Nancy.  Both contribute to a blog entitled “Eric Olson Gallery” (http://ericolsongallery.blogspot.com/), which relates to all things pertaining to Eric’s art and photography.  (If you haven’t seen any of Eric’s work, your life has less meaning than it could.)  Eric also writes a blog called “Windmill Creek Diary” (http://windmillcreek.blogspot.com/), which provides a highly entertaining perspective on life up here in the Pennsylvania wilderness (i.e. Juniata County).  At least it does when Eric has the opportunity to write.  But I make no judgment one way or the other on the time between posts.  To paraphrase John Lennon, “…life is what happens when you’re in between them,” or something like that.

And then there is Ronn, long-time friend of mine, longer-time friend of Judy’s.  Ronn and his shop, The Bare Wall, have been fixtures of the Harrisburg community since the 60s/70s, and there is no better source for what’s happening there than his blog, “TBW Daily Diary” (http://tbwdailydiary.blogspot.com/).   As Ronn writes in his welcome note, “Nothing here is going to make the papers, which might be a good reason to read it.

 On an unrelated note, the high-point of my day so far was a very personal greeting from Mama Phoebe, who apparently just arrived for the season following the long trip north.  As dawn was breaking, she sat on my windowsill for a good thirty seconds, while the two of us became reacquainted.  I wished her well with the battle she will soon be raging with Judy as to whom has nesting rights, and where.  But that’s a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment