Sunday, April 1, 2012

I’M A GOIN' FISHIN'

Some of you will recall the saga of Brad and Angie, the love-sick snapping turtles who we relocated last month.  (They’d been living in the pond, aka the Sea of Cortés, which is my subtle way of reminding you, Pedro – this month’s check is due.)  While we were commiserating on how much we will miss our cute little couple, we were reminded of the fact that other animals, who had previously served as sources of energy for turtle love, would now thrive in the less hostile environment.  Frankly, I was skeptical.  Nevertheless, today’s Sea of Cortés trout fishing expedition produced larger than usual results.  Below is a photo of my friend, Darrin, holding the brown trout I landed.  I’m quickly becoming a believer!  (Happy April Fools’ Day!)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Professor, that's a nice trophy catch. Have you considered inviting Jeremy Wade to tape one of his shows at the Sea of Cortés? You could give him a lesson or two.

    As for my monthly endowment, "the check is in the mail." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't, Doc, but now that you suggest it, it sounds like an exceptional idea. Aside from expanding the "Rainy Day Fund" (accessible only to the Institutes two top administrators, of course – that’s why we’re called “admininistrators!”), the publicity for JIT would be invaluable. ¡Gracias, amigo!

    ReplyDelete